Saturday 11 July 2009

Picnic at Kew Gardens

It's all thing pink and beautiful Saturday ... with a few glimpses from The Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, London UK.



I am joining Beverly’s Pink Saturday which she hosts at "How Sweet The Sound"


My daughter and friends went for a picnic at Kew Gardens and I thought I would add some pinky pink highlights, not just from the picnic but also from a very interesting exhibition of glass art within the horticultural delights. After you enjoyed the fun photos below, I would encourage you to click on the Kew Gardens link, as it's a really fascinating place, not only in its stunning beauty but also from a scientific and historical viewpoint.

Because it was a picnic, I just had to also add my daughters funky pink socks, ah oh well, apologies to the young lady in advance, this is just what mums do ..... (smile) .... and of course there are always some birds looking for food crumbs ....

The glass sculptures were only a temporary art exhibition feature. Click on the pictures to see them full size.
















Wishing you a rosy pink Saturday with an opportunity to look for smiles in any situation,

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful! I love visiting around the world. Happy Pink Saturday!

♥Mimi♥ said...

How lovely! Your blog is always such a pleasure to visit on Pink Saturday! Today it's sunny but most of this summer has been pretty gloomy in my corner of the world. Pink Saturday always gives me a little lift, especially if there isn't any sun outside!

Have a wonderful weekend filled with sunshine (we have some this week) surrounded by your l♥ved ones!

Claudia said...

Beautiful post! Happy Pink Saturday!

tracy said...

:) Yes moms... she will still love you.
Her socks are cute.

Very nice pinks, enjoyed my visit...I'll check out Kew now
hugs and HPS
Tracy
PS;Don't feel obligated to visit me,I had to work today so I didnt post any thing for Pink Sat.

Beverly said...

What a gorgeous location this is. I would love to be able to visit some day.

Happy Pink Saturday. Love those pink socks, too. ;-)